8.06.2012

I'm wearing the same shirt I wore three years ago

I have been loving this man of mine for three years as of today. Three years ago we were just kind of friends and we rode to Staunton together sometimes, but then on a Thursday in August he asked if I wanted to go out to dinner with him and I did, of course I did, so we spent the evening together. Had dinner, went for a walk in the woods, sat on a hill and talked and talked and by the end of the night I asked him if he wanted a girlfriend and he said yes, so I became one. He is no longer the same man I walked and talked with that night, and right at the beginning he told me he was afraid he'd become less of himself if he was in a relationship, but the opposite happened. He is so much bigger, stronger, wiser, and more genuine today than he was that August. He's my superman, and he is never stopping getting better, at everything. At loving me, at loving himself, at relaxing, at working hard, at being just the best damn man in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment