8.23.2012

doing something

I have had a summer (and a spring, and a winter) of feeling tied to the couch. But, it appears, if all goes well, I will be ending the summer on a three week spree of doing something. I was THIS close to rsvping no to the bridal shower of my very first best friend up in NY this weekend, but then my mom offered to come along, and so I am going, and I'll be there. I waffled for a few months about a family wedding in Indiana on Labor Day weekend, but in the end, that was another say yes, I'll be there. And after that, four or five days in the Outer Banks with S's family, at a posh yellow beach house that has its own swimming pool, never mind the ocean just over the sand dune. After THAT, my superhuman husband is running the Tough Mudder with his brother and a friend up in Maryland, and I'm going along to be photographer, cheerleader, and pieces picker upper, providing there are any after they've finished. By the time all this is over the fall semester will be more than swinging, and my hours will go back up to full time, and it'll be getting cooler, and dear LORD I better be getting better. I'm on one last round of antibiotics before we have to go nuclear again, and please lets all cross our fingers on my behalf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment