8.24.2011

two seismic events

One: the library shaking on its foundations yesterday, wondering who was drilling into our bedrock. I wished I had a more poetic awakening to the realization that the earth can move under my feet, but it was simple, and I accepted it, and once my jitters stopped, I stood back up as if the earth was once again as sure as eternity.

Two: surprise ambush bridal shower up in the conference room this morning. I was told it was a meeting. It was a fiesta-themed extravaganza in my honor, with a diadem of paper roses and plastic chili peppers, maracas and salsa and the mariachi band of pandora. Someone gave me a George Foreman grill, and hell if the world is not shaking me back down.

1 comment:

  1. Two years of high school Spanish in one morning. Good thing for such party giving amigos and amigas.

    ReplyDelete