8.23.2011

grace hole

The air this morning is incredible--fall!, and my office has the best view of the demolition workers razing the building beside us--sparks! dust! cranes reaching seven stories into the sky!, and when I woke this morning I was expecting a sprint and got yoga instead. This is all grace.
Grace yesterday was in my strong legs and strong arms, in clean hair, in the spice filling my eyes at the place sworn to be the best Mexican food in town by S's Mexican buddies who cook in the kitchen of the Greek restaurant. And grace was the way the newly engraved wedding band fits onto my finger, and how well it looks on his. And in the copper colored vest he'll wear (I am all of a sudden in a tizzy about the bliss in the color of copper, and how I want it everywhere), and the hand-in-hand stroll through the furniture store, wondering if one day we'll be able to settle.
How doubly base of me not to choose to turn my face toward all of these things instead of tilting away and wanting more.

No comments:

Post a Comment