8.17.2011

no emotional clue

Do you know what I mean when I say sometimes you can be walking down a road every day for a summer and know, kind of, that you've been there before, but then on a Tuesday morning it catches you off guard that you were THERE before. And you can suddenly transpose the today, the walking in this direction down this block to get from point B to point C, over top of what used to be--four years ago, when I lived in that small white and blue house in town, and this was my escape route. I hadn't really thought to myself that even from the other direction, this was the same block. And the side street I turn off onto these days is the one I used to bike past without pedaling after dark, at the base of the long hill I used to fly down with my arms outstretched. I had no emotional clue this was the same place. No emotional clue whatsoever.

No comments:

Post a Comment