8.01.2011

hitchhiker

I spend a lot of time talking to the spider who has for the past few weeks made her home on the web stretched out at the bottom of my car's driver's side mirror. Oh, she sometimes makes me a little frantic with the way she stays on the thin strands in the middle of the air when the car's in motion. Just go sit at the base of the mirror, please! Are you suicidal!? Watch yourself! The web shakes and twists when I accelerate but she holds on and I guess she'd know better than me how much torquing her handiwork can hold. Sometimes at a stop light she'll sidle on up to the mirror and crouch there at the bottom away from the wind all casual like, and I'm just so relieved. I tell her where I'm going and how I'm feeling and most of the time I'm just scolding her for not sitting tight and for making me fret. I'll try to avoid highways.

No comments:

Post a Comment