11.15.2010

body being

I felt like a girl all weekend. Deeper than wearing a skirt and the smoothness of my legs and back. I felt the burden of quick imagination and slow body. I felt very un-absolute. I felt like I was sledding down a steep snowy hill and dodging inflatable pine trees.

Or maybe, I felt like you were reading down my lines and you expected a serif and got none. More likely the reverse. If it's too smooth you'd fall right off the loop of the y. Pick up too much speed going down the hill. Good thing I come equipped with speed bumps.

Oh ho! You think I'm reasonable! Moments before you watch my quills flair out. You think I am kind and gentle! So I dig my fingernails into your skin.

There seem to be a lot of nudes today in the research on my desk. Maybe this is underlining my feeling of body and body being unexpected. Sometimes I just sit and turn them around and around. Make the top the bottom. Close one eye. It's all me.

No comments:

Post a Comment