11.12.2011

#8, #9, #10, #11, #12

Oh lord.

I'm thankful for the way music is made up of chords, and how sometimes I can sit down and just play those chords and the melody hops up out of the page into my lungs.

I'm thankful for my teakettle. My lovely red teakettle, and all the tea it's provided for me when I've been sick on the couch.

I'm grateful for crunchy leaves and the way they skitter around outside our kitchen window--I keep thinking they're chipmunks, or mice, or small brown birds.

I'm thankful that I had a full load of whites for the washer this morning.

And to say it again because I can never say it enough: I'm thankful for S, my superman, who has carried me through all of this, even when he was under the weather himself. There's no one else I'd rather have taking my temperature, bringing me mugs of soup, and holding me until my breathing steadies and my heart stops pounding out of my chest. I am a very lucky woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment