11.18.2011

#18

I'm grateful for this job I've had for the past five years. I work independently yet surrounded by friendly faces. I keep busy, but am always able to take a break to stage a rubberband battle in the shipping room or look up pictures of sugar gliders or answer an email or text from someone I love. I use my brain, but not on a theoretical level, and rarely to an extent that exhausts and drains me. I am a helper by trade, paid to profligate (within copyright, of course) scholarly research to the students and faculty here on campus and to other libraries all over the world. I create good karma for the university who employs me, and never have any reason to take my work home with me in the evening. I never dread coming back to the office in the mornings. Except when I'm tired and sick. But even when I'm sick, my boss and coworkers are kind and sweet and understanding. It is the perfect job for someone like me. And now that I've got a sugar daddy husband I don't even need to stress (too much) about my salary level brushing on poverty. So I'm very thankful. Hope I don't keep missing chunks of it over the next few weeks. I want to end out 2011 on a document delivery high note.

No comments:

Post a Comment