11.04.2011

#4

I could say this every single day this month and talk of it non-stop on Thanksgiving itself: I am SO THANKFUL for S. I have been sick; it has sucked. And yesterday I hit a particularly bad snag and when the fever and lightheadeness couldn't be ignored, S came to work to pick me up and take me to the doctor, and he sat with me in the exam room and went to the pharmacy on my behalf afterward. He nursed me all afternoon and evening and night and I cannot TELL you how amazing it feels to have this kind of safety line attached to my waist. It's not just that I can count on him to physically be there when I need him, I can also trust him to be tender and loving and patient and attentive to me, all the damn time. My GOD he makes me feel like a queen, even when I'm three days unshowered, whining, coughing, drooling on his chest in my sleep. I can't say this enough: I am so, so thankful for my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment