11.17.2011

#17

I am thankful for my innate optimism and resilience. And I hope both come back soon. I had to leave work early again today when I got too feverish and fatigued and foggy-brained to last out the afternoon. Spent about six hours being the most frustrated I have ever been with this body of mine. And then, I don't know, the ibuprofen kicked in several hours too late? And S and I talked for a while about recovery and accepting my limitations and we made plans for me to feel better tomorrow. It helps. I can feel a ray of hope again. It's my natural state, the 'it'll get better.' I have been tamping that down way too often. Here's hoping tomorrow I can say, 'I'm thankful S was right, and I am having a strong day,' and I can get back to the business of thinking life is good and forgetting the bad parts I've just left behind.

No comments:

Post a Comment