4.04.2011

mediums

Is it time I start giving things a chance? Like the mechanical pencils that were brought up from procurement that I dismissed outright for weeks for being not like the ones I've always used until I was, well, they kept stealing my other ones--they, the students--so I resorted to these new building manager approved pencils and after a day or so I did start to think, 'this pencil has good shock absorbers!' and later, 'nice weight for twirling through nervous fingers' and on it went from there until once I was actually choosing between the last of my old kind and one of the new sort and I grabbed the new sort even though they are so round that they tend to roll off of desks. Have we gotten that far?

The bird clock is still up in the front office. Still chirping wildly every hour. I have heard students outside our office door turn to each other and ask, 'was that you?'

We spotted a lone duck patrolling the Wendy's parking lot yesterday, and this reminded me of picnics and the time she and I heard a duck quack and at the same time both said 'bless you!'

I've been biting my lower lip a lot these days. I think I do that because without the restraint of my teeth it'd be grinning clownishly, or it'd be jutting out in a pout. I am not one for mediums, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment