4.11.2011

27

I think this is the year I'll start acting my age. Not consistently, mind you. Don't worry. I'll still whine and stomp my feet and my eyes will still light up when I see fireflies. I will still run headlong down a hill and fall asleep on the floor. I will always be a sucker for shiny ribbon and silly puns. I will never, ever outgrow rubberband wars and to tell the truth I am at this moment wiping purple sugar from my lips. But, you guys, in between all the goofy laughs and irreverent stories and wild flailing, I am going to be acting my age. I am going to wear more dresses, and I'm going to pick up after myself. I'm going to get me a husband and figure out how to keep him alive and well-fed and happy. I'm going to start a family of two from scratch. I think I'll probably become 20% less selfish. I might get a pedicure. I'll probably even start thinking about things like life insurance, by god. I'm going to be such a grown-up by the time this year is through. Starting tomorrow. Today it's going to be all sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment