7.12.2010

summer weekend

S and I spent the weekend riding roller coasters and water slides. I have yet to find anything better than love + adrenaline + delight + sunshine.

The colors and the sounds of an amusement park are almost enough. It's almost enough to watch the families and the faces parade past with their sunscreened smiles and bare backs and think: this is why I paid admission. Forget the mind-bending roller coasters and addictive music, forget lunch in Germany and a drink in Ireland and a dinner in Italy. It's almost worth it just to be there and be human.

I have very little fear when it comes to the big drops or the sharp turns. I like the heights, the sensation of coming back to the pool below. And I love the wetness. The floating. The splashes and the sinking under and the water droplets running down my back and flying from the tips of S’s hair as he shakes his head. My senses find it rich. I wouldn't ask myself to stop screaming along with the rushing water. It is incredibly freeing to be thundering down a long, twisty waterslide in the front half of a two-man inner tube and to just yell with delight and the sort of surprise that doesn’t go away even after the fourth time.

I dare you to try to convince me that something so sweet is not defensible.

No comments:

Post a Comment