7.21.2010

soaked

I spent hours yesterday evening in an indoor waterpark in the heart of an outdoor rainstorm with a break in the middle of the evening to climb the steps to the bar overlooking the water and eat a burger and drink a beer and soak up the funky music coming live and hot from my boyfriend's band. Could you think of anything better?
There was a moment last night when I was standing at the hand dryer in the woman's restroom, wringing as much rain as I could from a rusty brown t-shirt, and I was thinking, damn, I don't even like this shirt, but I know that doesn't matter and it will never matter. I love the man the shirt belongs to and I suspect that I will always be willing to spend ten minutes in front of a hand dryer in a crowded, steamy restroom for this guy.
I'm not sure what else to say
to myself
about this other than to
ask me
please, please,

to own this.

No comments:

Post a Comment