2.02.2010

this is not crazy, this is personal looseness

Universe, your time and space is unimpressive. I'm not there. I'm... feeling vague and extratemporial. I can say that. This is a day when it made so much sense to stop halfway to work and sit down on the snowy sidewalk because, one foot after the other? No. I didn't. I'm finishing off the remains of my thumbnails. I have a cowlick, and prickly armpits. I just realized that it's been more than a year since the time I hung up a greeting card above my desk and said to myself, it would be acceptable to throw this away in a week, but I didn't.
There is a book with sepia-toned pictures on my desk and it is bothering me. BOTHERING me.
I somehow have lost two hours of my day--maybe they slipped by as I was glaring at sepia photos or maybe when I was sitting at the window and talking to myself and to you about all the layers of this shaken-world snow. I can't wait to stand out in it again and can't wait until it melts.
Today, just, it's weird. I have not been hungry at the right times, I haven't been facing forward when my name was called.

No comments:

Post a Comment