5.20.2013

meant to be

There were some really beautiful things this weekend, chief among them getting to witness the bachelorest person I know (knew) turning into a soft, smiling smiling thing around his new wife. That, and my handsome husband in a groomsman tux playing silky saxophone during the ceremony, and later, dancing with me in a reception hall in Floyd, VA. Champagne toasts and macaroni and cheese and peanut butter pie and a warm table full of friends who make me laugh and who stand in a gazebo in the rain with me, and who dance whole-heartedly to Gangnam Style and who give out bear hugs to anyone who wants one and half of those who don't.
I have no reservations about this couple. She is pint-sized and fierce and he is bending down to meet her and they looked really, really happy and sure of their decision. I almost needed eclipse glasses to watch their first dance. That's clearly the way it should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment