5.03.2013

circumstance

We're at the end of another school year. I have hated finals week less this semester than usual, because my mind has been elsewhere and the spectacle is kind of worth the crowd. There was a guy in a giant shark costume running around in here.

Again two of our work study students are graduating, and again my heart tugs. We have a pretty great record here, for having students who tug my heart. These two graduating are just so glaringly good and strong and clever, and one of the reasons I'm glad to have known one of them is because I like being able to think to myself, I know a gangly, cheerful astrophysicist (almost)! and the other, because she is a ball of sweetness and generosity and spent this week handing out Hershey's kisses to the studiers out on the floor and I have a soft spot for people who are composed of one giant soft spot. It's been so nice to have them around.

No comments:

Post a Comment