11.19.2012

not guilty

My guilt sensors are way off. I definitely just profusely apologized for pushing my book cart through the microforms room when a stressed out lady told me that doing so was disrespectful because it distracted her from her research. Yeah. No. And lately I've felt that twinge of responsible guilt for things that went wrong that I had absolutely no connection to. A misplaced set of passenger van keys. An unlocked office door. A mystery beer cap falling out of a blanket. Times like this always remind me of the time when I was a child and a craft stand lady accused me of stealing a ring when I hadn't, to semi-traumatic results. I can use that to justify becoming an unrepentant actual thief and becoming the opposite. But in the meantime I'm having to cross my legs to not go back downstairs and again, DO MY JOB in front of the frazzled scolder, to remind her that I have the upper hand. I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment