11.05.2012

no straight lines

I remember how a year ago on Halloween someone didn't recognize me, even sitting at my desk. This year there was no question, and I went home and took a nap without much chocolate.

I slept like a rotisserie chicken last night. My health is not good (this year/week). I am dripping with whine. So all I've managed to do is hang a few posters.

I think I have to wait for the new year to do whatever it will be to finally get a clear head? I'm partially just mad because this will be the third Thanksgiving in a row that I've been not-optimal, and I love Thanksgiving. It had always been a favorite.

I did scrub out the bathtub rather furiously and then lie on my back in it and think about volcanoes, and I did listen to a lovely Tchaikovsky symphony in the evening. And yesterday I handled a long morning with music and clapping and an Italian lunch even though I kept taking honesty personally. S cut up a pomegranate for us to share and there was a lot of room for snuggling and talking about election history for the rest of the day.

It's even harder to talk in straight lines these days than it used to be--I'm sorry! I'm stuck in a year long head cold.


No comments:

Post a Comment