2.10.2012

87%

It is a great disappointment to me that, although I do have a junk foody restaurant within walking distance of my apartment, it is a Dairy Queen. I would like to trade that for some place that actually has good bad food. No offense to the ice cream. I always go for salt.

I just finished reading Abundance, by Sena Jeter Naslund. I admit, I am tissue paper thin these days (though maybe I always have been? I am beginning to think I always have been) and I gulped my way through the ending. I should start a list of the books I am reading and loving. I'd say this last one was a kind-of loving. Maybe I'm not very much of an 18th century French aristocrat. The other day I read a book called The Talk-Funny Girl, and that one I loved the whole time. I'd say, if you were to read one of those, read the latter. Unless you are a French aristocrat or are especially good at picturing elegance in your head. I loved Naslund's book about the wife of Captain Ahab much more.

I had another doctor's appointment yesterday. Running out of potential easy reasons why I am stuck in some sort of drunken car sickness mode. It sounds like the next step will be to actually look at my brain to see what's in there, just in case. But in my body's general defense, today I have been feeling well. I'd say I'm about 87% of an April. The perfect resolution to this stickiness will be a gradual draining off of the ick, and then one day waking up and realizing my head is no longer queasy. I told the doctor I haven't been doing much bouncing lately, and I miss that. I am capable of a lot of glee, in my good times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment