1.12.2012

avalanche

I APPARENTLY do have a powerful ability to jinx myself. Yesterday my doctor called with more test results (they scanned my guts and my guts look fine), and she asked if I was feeling any better. I said I was! Because I was! I said I felt like I was nearly normal! But the saying of that, to a medical professional no less, has evidently set into motion a big boulder of a jinx rolling down a hill and BOOM yesterday evening the boulder hit me and again all I can think about is how weird my head feels and how shaky the ground just got and how much I really want to lie down. Five good days in a row, though, I will take. And will attempt to weather this newest mini setback with grace instead of whining and tears. And unclenching rather than winding up in a tight little ball again. I've gotta just keep going. Onward.

No comments:

Post a Comment