6.30.2011

lemonade out of stress

So... any tips on how to, like, make lemonade out of stress? Turn boo-stress to eustress? Ha. I am going to need some help here. Two of my three stress relief valves (my lover and my best friend) are gone for the next ten days, and the third (my mom) will be gone for about five of them. I don't even know what it means to be self-contained anymore. Once I started letting it--I mean, me--all hang out it's just kept hanging. I have become a person who revels in the company of others. I don't regret this. But man. Without physical access to my VIPs I'm going to be kind of floundering for the next week or so. This is the time to be self-soothing. I am needing to work on picking the pace up with that. WITHOUT repeated visits to Taco Bell and dark, angsty teenage-style scribblings. Although Taco Bell is delicious (I will stand by this) and at least my scribblings wouldn't be about friendlessness and lovelessness and hopelessness. Just, you know, stupid grown up things like money and jobs and wedding planning. We can find a compromise here.

No comments:

Post a Comment