6.20.2011

894 miles later

I'm bleary and puffy and my blue color shows so much more vivid when I'm home. But oh, there's nothing like a weekend at a lakehouse with my childhood friends to make me think that perhaps humans are all meant to live so near bodies of water and also, to make me think with a bit of wonderment that I really did have fantastic taste when I was a kid.

I'm not just saying that because they threw me a surprise bridal shower on the deck overlooking the lake Saturday afternoon.

And of course one rather weighty other reminder I got this weekend... of the growing strength and burning warmth of the tether connecting me and S, and the way it's begun to feel so WEIRD to be in my own separate orbit, if only for three days. I think I'm pretty sure we're meant to go on adventures together. From here on out.

I'm not just saying that because if he'd have been with me on the long drive home when my eyes began to droop and smart I could have let him take the wheel. I'm not just saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment