5.20.2011

sesquicentennial

I along with 60 or so of my closest geriatric friends ((aka the community band I'm a member of) (I mean 'geriatric' in the most admirable way) (I'm really quite fond of them all. And there are actually a few of them a decade or so below geriatric (besides S and me) AND we have at least one high schooler)) are taking a coach bus down to Blacksburg tomorrow for a Civil War Sesquicentennial Conference. We're the featured performers. We'll play some (kick ass) Civil War tunes, because that's what we have been doing since even before the war itself. Without pause, every summer, this band is in bloom. I think this will be year 157. (How small this makes me feel... kind of like looking at the stars) (But then again, every little star counts (and we all know I'm a star. Heh.)).

I really didn't need to write all that down because it's just a thing, just a day of thing. But I had a whole head full of parentheses and this is such a good way to use them up.

No comments:

Post a Comment