5.22.2011

eyes, head cold, soul rocking

One thing I did not predict about this year: a brand spanking new set of never before experienced eye allergies! One in each eye! With extra special bonus itchiness in my right! I learn to be afraid of pollen and reliant on eyedrops and the kindly advice of the middle aged eye doctor I have a massive crush on. I can tell he likes me by the way he's extra gentle when yanking on my lower eyelids.
Finally this weekend I found a mix of preventative and restorative eye care that works to keep my eyes blinking happily... just before I was struck down by a muzzy headed spring cold. It's really nice to be able to forgo whining about my sore eyes in exchange for whining about my cottony head and snot levels! S is a saint. I was feeling especially bad on the bus ride home from the performance yesterday. I'd fallen asleep wedged sideways in the seat resting my head on S's lap and I woke feeling achy and blurry and wild, and S helped me right myself and smoothed my hair and held my face in his hands and told me he loves me and that I am an incredible writer and reader (I think he said that, though I may have still been dreaming) and then, even though I protested that I didn't want to get my germs all over him, he nuzzled into the side of my face, tracing lines down my cheeks and neck with his lips and nose. It was body-curing-body and soul rockingly sweet. I think you have to pledge to spend the rest of your life with a man who never hesitates to cradle and comfort you when you're low.

No comments:

Post a Comment