12.23.2009

while I patiently wait for my laundry to fold itself

I'd estimate that this (I'm gesturing around my room, around my house, around my brain) is 1/3 pure mess. Actually, it's more than that in this room. I have been for a week emptying this container and that bag and the former contents are all over the floor. Don't judge me. I'll clean tomorrow. And I do have all but the last (let's find another fraction) 1/8 of my Christmas/holiday-time birthday gifts wrapped and some are on my dining room table and some are under a tree in the parsonage. That would be firmly in the non-mess side of things. My brain, though. It's allowing my hand to feed my mouth chocolate and buttered toast at 1:00am, so it can't be trusted and certainly qualifies as a floundering mess.
I feel like I've made it past an important hurdle. Of snow? I got over (only just) the injustice of being snow-bound for most of a weekend. Also, am done with work until January. If you'd think I would be thrilled, I'm not. I'm just... this is how it goes. It will be good to have a bit of break, it will be good to come back.
Christmas is going to be a good one this year. Let's be honest, everything in the past few months has been a good one because I've got good company. Like tonight, for example. I don't know that I've ever held anyone tighter. But I also say Christmas is going to be a good one because deep down I actually am pleased at the prospect of a white Christmas, and this one will be. And because my family is unbelievable. They are so much and we're going to be adventurers together, testing out the way this holiday feels in a new house an inch or so lower on the map.

I really can't be predicted because I refuse to do anything with this blog other than what I feel right at the very moment, so I don't know if I'll post something later that says 'Merry Christmas and blessings and THANK YOU FOR READING MY SILLY AND SURPRISINGLY INCOHERENT WORDS.' If I don't actually say it, assume the sentiment is there, and that I'm just too busy cuddling and singing 4-part harmony and drinking hot chocolate to put the thought into words. Thank you. And you. And really, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment