9.04.2009

THIS IS SO GOOD, but

Yesterday I found myself dripping with symbolism and oily silver glitter.

beat beat beat

Sometimes I just love a highway, regardless of the reason I'm on it.

beat beat beat

and grass under my bare feet.

I've started to disobey again. I mean, my fingers have found their way back between my teeth. I mean, I said, I would sit on the porch with a book of poetry, and I have not.

The occasional slump in my shoulders, if you notice, is that I have lost-am losing the sense of Home... I can read so much into a silent stare. Tell me you're just tired. Again.

That, and you might catch me feeling incomplete between now and December because my bass is gone.

I'm going to start walking again next week. Rather than replace gear shift cables, or fight through the challenge (the HILLS, have mercy!), I'm going to deny that there is a problem until a solution lands on my lap (sometimes it does!).

Anyway, I have been falling into rhythms that I think I always knew were there, and am smiling with one side of my mouth even when I'm alone. It's my favorite time of year, I can shake my hair and tap my feet and be blessed. I can offer out my hands, and someone is there to take them.

No comments:

Post a Comment