9.12.2009

Saturday

I am feeling accomplished. Silly, because I'm not. Not today. I had a list of things to do, errands to run, stories to set straight. Uncheck, uncheck, uncheck. Sometimes I wake up on a Saturday and even before I get out of bed I've decided I will burrow in deep to this day. So there was none of the cleaning and none of the gathering and self-betterment. Today was more about all the different positions in which I can use my laptop from my bed without it overheating. And it was about leaving all the windows wide open to catch the change in the air and sipping coffee three hours too late in front of a brightly patterned football game on tv. And loving the voice over the phone and the ones that bleed through these walls. It was about yarn, and untying knots and setting the pattern aside because I've memorized it, and it was about minor chords on the piano keys and the sweet, resigned feeling that I'll never really understand how they work. And today was about possessive pronouns and the movie Up and having the center of my chest melt and drain down into my stomach, and it was about sibling-love (so much!) and plans for tomorrow, which will be less of a day to burrow down and more of a day to take a running leap.

No comments:

Post a Comment