6.30.2012

storms

I got back into town before a big scary storm hit yesterday evening. I almost felt like it was my fault. Here comes the hurricane. My lover and I were alone for an evening by candlelight after a week apart. And then we got into a fight. I'll feed him cobbler this evening to make up for it.
The power was on again for good at midnight, so we are fine, fine. But there have been whole weddings moved and frustrated by places still in the dark and buried behind downed trees.
I ate sauerkraut and cherries for lunch today, and I washed our bedsheets, and when I was in town delivering keys to a coworker a police officer drove by slowly, laughing at the way my hands were flapping around as I spoke. 'I think if I handcuffed you, you wouldn't know how to talk.' That's probably true. It's kind of nice that I'm distinctive?
I'm paranoid about my heart. I probably have no reason to be, especially after a normal EKG a few months ago, but sometimes I am hit with oppressive weakness, and I feel it in my chest, and I think, this is it, the pain is just proving my point. If my heart pops a hole and and I fall over, gray and dead, please don't have my funeral on the same day a storm rolls in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment