6.18.2012

it was good


The top of my forehead is burnt, and I'm in a bit of a snit about spoiled food and dirty laundry and solid rain, but I ate an everything bagel from my hometown grocery store three mornings in a row, did a lot of hopping up and doing things, and I felt really quite well for about 75% of the weekend on the lakefront. I am steeped in love. They are my favorites.
Yesterday was a little tragic, with the goodbyes and the whole year away and the rising tide of April-disgustingness and a solo 7.5 hour drive south. My saving grace on the drive was stubbornness and Mary Doria Russell through the speakers. I only hit the rumble strips once. There were tears and disbelief and a thorough shower when I arrived at home. But it was worth it, for my soul. Four days and I'll leave again.


No comments:

Post a Comment