5.31.2012

I hate mopping

I am feeling quantifiably better today than I was yesterday and there are babies being born and ones that are just now brand new and I have yet to roll my eyes ONCE today. Yesterday was all eyeroll, all the time. I was on a roll. Heh. Heh.

The deconstruction of the old health center literally right out my office window is more than enough entertainment for a Thursday morning (and a Tuesday, and a Wednesday). I swivel my chair to the left, I have a view of rubble and big dinosaur machinery and yes, a lone toilet among the debris. I turn back to face my desk and there is a healthy dose of work waiting, and a new doctor who does this with me over email:

me: "...I’m assuming [the pressure in my head] has something to do with the fluid build-up. Either that or my brain is about to pop and spray out the sides of my head."

him: "Oh, yes, that pressure in the head does mean it is about to pop and spray brains out the sides. I should have mentioned that....  to be most thoughtful of others you should probably carry paper towels so you can clean up the mess after that happens.  On the bright side, once that happens, everything else will seem much less of a problem in your life."

me: "I think I'll just preemptively wrap my head in towels like a turban. I hate mopping."

him: "And thus the wisdom of the cultures that just wear turbans all the time.  Always prepared. And you are right, mopping up afterwards is so hateful."


THANK YOU for humoring me, all of you, and especially S. This has been one hell of a chunk of my life. It's NOT over, but I have a new champion, and a plan, and like I said, I do feel better today than I did yesterday. So it might finally be in the process of being over. If that turns out to be true, I'll go into more detail about what this was and how I finally kicked it. If it is not true, well then. Shut up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment