5.15.2012

pulling back

I've been struggling a bit physically in the past few days, and am quite sad that it hasn't been mitigated by breakfast in bed on Sunday and a pot of begonias on the porch. (My husband... that guy... I can't even tell you how much I love him. I may never become a mother, but he still spoiled me rotten on Mother's Day, just because I am a woman, and I'm his.)
I suspect part of this dip in progress is due to me... getting out over my skis... about what I am and am not physically capable of. Walking is a yes, long hours on my feet is a no, and also no is anything hardcore aerobic. I did both of the latter at the end of last week, and then there was the heavy, heavy fatigue and then there was the ickiness. Oh, the ickiness. Oh, the gerbils building a nest in my skull.
OR, this is just the cyclic nature of my slow recovery from the virus, which is certainly not gone yet. OR, maybe I have a totally unrelated bug that is mimicking the effects of skull gerbils. OR, maybe I've had too much caffeine? OR, there is no reason.
Maybe I filled up my bag full of good days (I really was doing quite well), and now there's a lull while I hunt around for a new bag to start packing into.

Nothing I can do but pull back a gear and take more naps.

No comments:

Post a Comment