7.25.2011

the time of honeysuckle

I have been meaning to write since Saturday something about mosquito bites and the smell of honeysuckle and vinegar and the way it felt to run in flip flops down an empty road after midnight just because I could, and because the air was finally breathable. But I haven't, because, oh, internet.

There was a lot, a LOT, of good this weekend. We did indeed pick out our wedding bands. Now there is talk about engraving them, resizing his. I am very ready for all of this. I am kind of shouting it out.

We ate a lot of good food, we drank nectar. I was beautiful, and late night on Saturday after a party I found myself refusing the offer of a ride and just taking off, slap slap slap of the flip flops down the road for a mile or two, sucking in honeysuckle air. This is when I'm at my most fearless.

No comments:

Post a Comment