7.29.2011

the ants are marching

It has been an odd week. Today I'm humming to myself 'the ants go marching three by three,' which is vastly different from what was stuck in my head while I was avidly (as avid as I can be for two hours at a time) looking through pictures of the few weeks spent in Vienna by a student assistant of ours. I was drinking in the images and the stories behind them and lusting after Karlsplatz, which was always my favorite... platz... and in my head was 'you'll burn in hell.' The Muse version, not the fire and brimstone from the pulpit version. Like I said, it's been an odd week.
I stood still (as still as I can ever be) the other day and let my mom and the seamstress fluff a white gauzy dress around me. Pinch in, pull up. This opened some floodgates--not tearducts, not yet--and since then I have been whirling around wedding wedding wedding. You can't blame me. We're down to nine weeks. OMG flowers. What about the flowers? That's my head.
Other floodgates opened this week were mostly ones of wide-eyed, enthusiastic relief. Finally, something concrete to center our lives around. A check to take to the bank. I don't quite think it works this way, but this week has lasted forEVER and now that it's Friday I feel like I'm back at the beginning of the week and just getting started. I don't quite think it works this way, but maybe the moving forward mentally and the pressing of the beaded bodice to my skin is resetting my clocks to Monday. Go.

No comments:

Post a Comment