1.02.2011

being where I am meant to be

The best part about home after a day on the road is a shower and legs stretched out in bed. But this is nothing compared to the best parts of all the rest of the days I've just had. I am talking bananas in a blender, futon spooning, husky dogs, champagne, spice, people to meet, people to dote on, friends who mean more to me than I know how to say in one goodbye hug. I am so lucky that I belong there. Oh and to say nothing of the hours spent on the road with the man I'll marry in less than a year. We are a team, and I will never get tired of leaning over to bury my face in his shoulder.
I have never looked forward to starting a new year more than I look forward to this one, and I am pretty sure the trip I took up to NY and back in these last few days was the ultimate line up of being where I was meant to be with who I was meant to be next to. This has got to be a good omen. I mean, it just keeps getting better.

1 comment: