12.26.2010

rich

I drove my car on a bed of new snow this morning on my way to my parents' house and I drove back home again just now, sixteen or so hours later, again through a sparkling dust-down of snow. It feels like a blessing somehow, even in my disbelief.
I am full to the ears of good food and friendly faces, cookies and slingshot monkeys, delicate chains to nestle against my collarbone and bold, brassy jingle bells, and of gratitude and uncharacteristic grace.
It has been such a good day for love, for feeling like I am a piece of my family's sweet puzzle and for feeling the heat and promise in the presence of my fiance. I spent half of today in a Santa hat and half of today with my arms around someone or other, and I am feeling (so much beyond my wont)... rich.

No comments:

Post a Comment