12.13.2010

April the grumpy icicle

The bank's thermometer said °14 and I tried to look past that, because I was on foot, but it caught up to me and wrapped itself around my neck and snaked down my back. Lacing my veins from head to toes with ice. I don't deal with wind well since I've become a foot- and bike- commuter. It saps me and reverses me from the person I was two hours before, on tiptoe on the step stool balanced on top of the table reaching up to hang glittery snowflakes from the office ceiling. I loved that! I was fearless. But the cold wind must have ripped out the part of my heart that has that joy and delight in it as I walked home, because all that I feel right now is a crunchy sort of brittleness. I need a hot bath. And some hot chocolate. And to remember next time I'm out to pick up a bottle of peppermint schnapps. OH I could use that right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment