9.30.2010

serenity

I have been splitting my time between the rain and the rehearsal stage. I always say yes when I'm asked to play in a pit orchestra, and for a time I regret it as it drudges and fills my evenings and then suddenly a spike of 'this is why! this is why!' will come through when the end of the four hour rehearsal is approaching and then is passed and we're still playing and still laughing. I don't know, it just always feels good to be who I am then. For this musical I am being built into the set, and I am falling in love with the way I feel when I'm sustaining a low Eb, when I'm watching, over and over, seduction and resolution, stone angels marking my place.
And then after tonight's rehearsal I walked out into the rain to find my parents had been by and had left a bag of fresh apples in my car, and because of how the evening felt and where I was going, this is the most natural thing in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment