9.02.2010

prep

I am trying to keep my head on straight and feeling a sense of empathy for the vegetarian subjected to stories of lobster death.
I probably need to stop watching weather forecasts and making lists and just get through the stack of papers under my right elbow--before I leave, before I leave, before I leave.
I am escaping to the beach. I am escaping to the beach for an entire week. I am escaping to the beach for an entire week with my fiance and his family.
I heard something on the radio the other day about the phenomenon of vacation-relaxation and how it sometimes takes three days to set in. Well, I will have three days.
I am going to feel a lot. Sometimes I don't--sometimes I go for weeks at a time in a state of imperviousness. But this time, this trip, is going to be very real and I am going to taste and touch and see and feel it. All. That is my plan. That, and a stack of books.

No comments:

Post a Comment