9.25.2010

Saturday

Today was buckets and buckets of apples crushed and ground together and pressed into cider--long brown streams pouring down, bees aside. And it was barbeque chicken and sticky juice and thick grains. It was a long, long, long bath and drying off on the porch in the hot autumn sunlight. The fever of fall is hitting me and I am--as always--filled with a deep sort of euphoria. I think it's the air. And today was also Jasper Fforde and it was 30 Rock and driving back over for dinner and for chocolate cake, and a sky filled with starlings and with light clouds layering under dark ones until the moon came out. And today was loving. It was seeing the ring on my finger in the wedding pictures of the generation before me. It was running my hands up and down the back and sides of that man who is so good to me, so gentle and patient. Funny, too, and possessing of an incredibly sexy mouth. All of this day I was into the being of it and full of fall and apples and at the end of it, ready to wind down in a game and a third and forth and fifth 'woah, I love you' and the stereo cranked as I drove home.

No comments:

Post a Comment