6.25.2010

part II

The summer has changed. I don't mean the shifting of the seasons way, I mean that I've reached part II. Done with the settling into a new place, learning new grooves to shuffle my feet along as I walk, figuring out the way to balance my reduced hours and wider skies. I have down pat the times and the strength it takes to hop on my bike and get to the other side of town and back. I never drive past my driveway by accident. My life is slow--by choice. It's about to get slower. My cousin/neighbor has left to travel across the country for the summer and that wall will be empty and that garden will be mine. And my sister/roommate and brother/buddy are leaving for seven weeks, too. I've done this before and sometimes it has NOT worked, but this go-round I think I will be happy to be an only child and content to come home to an empty apartment. For a time. It's just part II.

I'll think of it like it's the calm before the storm. In another few months this life will kick up a gear. But for now the remission suits me. My droopy body will fit snug into this light blue July.

No comments:

Post a Comment