6.28.2010

begin again

It's Monday morning and I'm hunching and I am timing my blinks to the off-beats of the flashing cursor and wearing my self-flagellating earrings.
But,
that doesn't mean this last weekend was rough because it wasn't--aside from muscle aches (mine) and chemo aches (mom's) and sundry other brain and heart disconnects, I could scribble off a litany of other good things I did taste and see and feel in my bones. Like, I don't know, bacon cheeseburgers and goalies and Big Ideas and garden dirt between my toes and Mexican food and thrift store skirts and atomic kisses and draped, cuddly naps.
And then I ended the weekend alone, on the couch in my living room that still smells like a basement (the couch, not the living room), watching a few episodes from the first season of Friends and eating mini marshmallows from the bag until I fell asleep. My 'well, here you are!' gift to me.
Funny how I'm saying the same thing to myself this morning and it keeps trailing off in to ellipses.

No comments:

Post a Comment