10.20.2009

stasis

I watched the walk-away, and tried to imagine what he was thinking. 'This is unbalanced! I'm not on a bicycle! She must have watched the clock!' I bet I was wrong on all counts.

Through a tangled route I heard from someone other than my mom that my great uncle had died. I found his obituary online and looked at the photo of him. His sister is the grandma of mine who died when I was four, and of whom my memories are only warmth, butterscotch chip oatmeal cookies, and blue beads. It's another sort of unbalance, not like I meant above, to be so separate from two generations ago. It's been a year, maybe more, since my other grandma has known who I am. I'm not sad. I should be.

I cut myself this morning and bled in a line. I always think I'll remember this! but no, not yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment