10.05.2009

the rebound

I'm needing to erase.
So I'll say that there was all this layered gold as I drove over the mountain at 7:00 this morning. Sheets and sheets of new sun on top of blue mountains and drifting white fog. I pulled over at a scenic overlook. I started to use my camera before I realized that I should instead use my eyes. I'd already gotten out of the car twice before the overlook. But at least I drove the whole way home in one stretch.
Work today was a gift, and I know this because I had enough fleeting free time to create a birthday banner with clip art flowers.
I got home ok. I atoned a little. I ate well. I'm going to be well-set for the rest of the evening. There will be couch and there will be a banana with peanut butter in about thirty minutes. In the meantime, I have a letter to write and I have some history to transcribe (I take my own dictation), and I'm going to play nurse and let myself drift to sleep without losing hold of my mind first.
God, it really is true that I have been blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment