11.27.2013

blurry with gratitude

I am once again blurry with gratitude, in tears twice today for youtube videos and book endings, out of work early for the rest of the week with resounding well-wishes and a ride through the snow --the SNOW-- to a lunch with my husband, and a sandwich on rye bread. Oh, how I love rye bread. And I still had time before S had to leave for his evening shift to take an accidental nap all curled up with him on the couch as we watched an original Star Trek episode. I caught maybe the first fifteen minutes before I was out cold, full belly, cuddly husband, deep couch.
I am so warm here, and so happy to be feeling all these rushes of life and thankfulness that were muted for nearly two years of sickness. I'm not sick anymore. My immune system, my nervous system, are back in as much alignment as I can hope to expect. I'm so markedly better, and maybe in some ways better than I was before, because of this added unsolicited gloss of wisdom and knowledge of boundary that I didn't have in the past. It's just wicked good, really, this living thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment