3.04.2011

red

I am in a temporary half-cubicle, with no Sheriff Finchley for company (he's in storage). Just cube-y walls and bookshelves stacked with paper that isn't mine. Sigh. Everyone working in this area of the library is library-quiet, even on a Friday. I will put some NPR in my headphones once I find them.

I woke up at 3:00am last night and painted my nails bright red to match the lid of the laptop ebay sent me. I couldn't sleep. I didn't waste any time after turning on the computer for the first time and the inaugural facebook check before naming the new computer Trevon. No need to bandy about.

So I didn't sleep much last night. I have so many things whirling about. Anonymous notes in the mail. Where to put my coffee cup. An inability to tolerate suspense. What to DO about [left blank for reasons of me being chickenshit]. Also have the third movement of the Grieg Piano Concerto bubbling through my head. The romantic part. The part we skipped over in the rehearsal last night. 

But it's Friday! And this new fake office is an adventure! And I'm always just glad for the days I plan to end beside S.

No comments:

Post a Comment