5.28.2010

sitting cross-legged on my bedroom floor

I'm trying to be glad. I should say I'm glad for a ride home though the rain today after work, and yesterday it was me being glad for the way the purple dress swirled around my knees just as the wine swirled in my glass. I am so thankful to have been grafted onto a family of strength and goodness and perspective. I thought it was just me biting back tears during the speech, and I thought that was just me being a girl. I guess not, though--I wasn't the only one.
You quicken my pulse.
Anyway, in less oh-please-just-SAY-it news, I'm pleased to have come up to the three day weekend I always forget to anticipate. I have just a few things in it: a wedding to attend in a church whose name made my father giggle, a lunch date, a loosening of my hamstrings and a pas de deux with an external harddrive full of music.
I was always planning on letting tonight's sleep stretch out long enough to ease the tightness in my belly. There's no way I won't wake up feeling better in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment