7.28.2009

I've decided to sacrifice my thumbs

I can't seem to leave my fingernails alone. Ever. Or my cuticles. I've tried to quit the chewing and the picking cold turkey, and I'll last just long enough to get a glimpse of what smooth, unmolested fingertips look like before WHAM I'm in a stressful situation or, well, I'm bored, and the nails go back into my mouth and then so long, cuticles! I want to try again. Because I have a thing for hands. I mean, I really have a thing for hands. My own included. But mostly, yours. I am not kidding when I say that, if I know you, I have memorized your hands. I'm not always the best with faces, sometimes I forget names, but damnit, I will remember your hands. Sometimes when I'm lying awake at night I'll distract myself by cycling back through old friends, through family, through coworkers. Their hands, I mean. It's a little weird. So I guess I've decided to make my own hands a bigger deal by taking care of my fingernails. Although I know there's no way I can just STOP biting all ten. So, I'm throwing my thumbs out of the deal. My thumbs = fair game. I feel a little bad for them. Just a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment