3.02.2009

blues

Yesterday I thought I had become invisible for thirty seconds or so, and that's good, because it flung up a plastic fence between already-in-trouble and a-whole-lot-worse.

Today someone brought me coffee in bed, which helped me find the energy to get out of it. It is a snow day, and I am mad at the gods of weather. I had no weapons in my arsenal to protest the late-winter snow other than sleep.

If I feel like it, I could scrape off my car and drive to the post office. I have a package I want to mail. But I'm already a week past due, so what's another day, or two days, or seven.

I have been wondering what it says about me when someone close to me and another someone close to me can't stand each other. I guess I have nothing else to do but throw up my hands and leave one there and the other here.

I stayed up late last night talking myself through the next two weeks. It was less hypothetical than usual. But plans are already out the window, I think, because it's noon on a Monday and I've accomplished nothing. Not even a shower.

No comments:

Post a Comment